Friday, December 21, 2007

Tiago Apologises For Outburst

Tiago Mendes has apologised to Juventus for the outburst he made against the club, his father and agent has revealed.

The Portuguese midfielder was the Bianconeri’s most expensive acquisition for the new season as they forked out £9.2m for the Lyon man.

However things have not gone according to plan and Tiago has started just two games in Serie A so far. This led to the 26-year-old threatening to leave if he wasn’t played more.

“If things carry on like this I’ll leave in January,” he warned several weeks ago.

“I’ve spoken to [Coach] Ranieri and told him that I’m not happy because this isn’t what I came here for.

“So far my time with Juve has been a disappointment. I thought I’d be a first-choice player, but it has been the exact opposite and my time here hasn’t been easy.”

Tiago’s agent and father Jorge Mendes now says that his son regrets what he said and hopes to make a success of things in Turin.

“What was said in the interview is regrettable,” he explained. “He wasn’t playing and felt that he had been banished to the periphery at Juve.

“Now it’s different and as the days go by his desire to keep wearing the Bianconeri shirt increases.

“He has realised that his boss Claudio Ranieri values him, but clearly he needs everyone’s support if he is to stay in Turin and so I will talk to the directors.”

Tiago’s form has improved recently, and he produced a fine performance on Saturday night after coming on as a substitute at half time in the 3-2 win at Lazio.

www.goal.com - 18/12/2007 17:08

No comments:

Google
 





FOTO UNIK

Goal.com