Friday, December 21, 2007

Giovinco: I Want Juve Return

On-loan Empoli wonderkid Sebastian Giovinco says he wants to save the club from relegation before returning to Juventus.

The 20-year-old trequartista is rated as one of the most promising players to come out of Italy in recent times and has been described by some sections of the media as the “Italian Lionel Messi.”

Giovinco was loaned out to Empoli this season, along with fellow starlet Claudio Marchisio, in order to gain some Serie A experience.

“My intention is to contribute in saving Empoli from relegation before then returning to Juventus,” said Giovinco.

“My dream, like all footballers, is to play for a big team, and I have found this chance at Juventus.”

Giovinco was used fleetingly at the start of the campaign, making mainly substitute appearances.

However since Coach Gigi Cagni was sacked and replaced by Alberto Malesani, the pint-sized star has been a virtual ever-present.

“Recently I have found a certain continuity and I hope to be able to continue like this,” Giovinco added.

“I believe that Empoli will succeed in saving themselves from relegation.”

Giovinco is the team’s second top goalscorer, having hit the back of the net three times from 15 appearances. He was on target during last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Genoa.

www.goal.com - 20/12/2007 17:18

No comments:

Google
 





FOTO UNIK

Goal.com