Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Was Frustrated At Leaving Juventus, Reveals Giovinco


Empoli midfielder Sebastian Giovinco spoke about his disappointment at leaving the Bianconeri this summer, but also revealed that he is now maturing into a better player with his new club.


Sebastian Giovinco is one of the most interesting young players to have come out of Italy in the past few years and Empoli are trying to get the best out of him before he returns to Juventus at the end of the season.

However, the young Under 21 star declared that he did not want to leave the Old Lady this past summer, even though in the end it helped his career.

"The frustration of leaving Juventus was there, but only because I left a great club and my family," revealed the Empoli player. "However, I believe that I made the right choice because here at Empoli the young players grow well."

Giovinco then spoke about his height of 164cms.

"Now I got used to it, but even the small players can do well and in Italian football there are many examples, even in the recent past."

One of these players was surely Gianfranco Zola who has often been compared to Giovinco.

"The comparison honours me, also because I see Zola with the Under 21 national team and he was an incredible player.

"However, the comparison does not exist because Giovinco still has a lot to prove. I hope to continue like this," concluded the young midfielder.

www.goal.com - 11/12/2007 06:30

No comments:

Google
 





FOTO UNIK

Goal.com