Friday, December 28, 2007

Trezeguet: I Want To Equal My Goal Record

Juventus star David Trezeguet has set himself the target of equalling his best goal-tally for a season in Serie A this campaign.

The prolific Frenchman was joint-top scorer in Serie A with Dario Hubner in 2001-02 after scoring 24 goals.

Surprisingly he hasn’t been the Capocannonieri winner since, although this could all change this season as he has hit the back of the net 13 times in just 17 games.

“It will depend on my team-mates and hopefully luck can give me a helping hand,” said Trezeguet.

“I have not missed a game yet so to equal my 24 goals from my second season with the Bianconeri would be beautiful.”

Despite Trezeguet’s incredible form, he has been left out of France Coach Raymond Domenech’s recent squads for October and November.

“The European Championships? It does not depend on me, but it depends if I am wanted. Domenech will need convincing,” Trezeguet explained.

The ex-Monaco star finally spoke about Juve team-mate Tiago Mendes, a player who has been hugely disappointing since his summer move from Lyon.

“Tiago is a champion, you will see he will give a large contribution to the squad. All he needs is time, his quality is not in question,” the 30-year-old concluded.

www.goal.com - 27/12/2007 13:55

No comments:

Google
 





FOTO UNIK

Goal.com