Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Buffon In Pursuit Of The Italian Cup


“The Italian Cup is one of our objectives, like the League title, and it would be a great result if we managed to win it, also because I've never won it in my seven years at Juve”. Gigi Buffon spoke to Juventus Channel and focused his attention on the next Italian Cup game, which is to be played tomorrow night at Empoli, to qualify for the quarter finals.

A match that needs to be won, to keep up an alternative to the League, as Gigi has never kept it a secret that he sees other teams as the favourites for the title rather than Juventus this year: “I'm happy when I hear David or the Manager inviting everyone to keep the dream of winning the title alive. I'm an optimist by nature and like them I hope we can fulfil this dream as soon as possible. I don't know if it's going to be already possible this year; the League will be tough this year for sure, because there are some very strong teams around”.

The last question concerns the “third half” everybody's talking about. The League officials appreciated Fiorentina's players' gesture at the end of the match against Inter Milan, when they applauded and greeted their opponents, and have decided that from January this will have to be applied by all teams:
“This is an important fair play signal – Gigi commented – even though perhaps I don't like the fact that this initiative needs to be officially enforced, instead of coming from the players themselves. On an educational level, I think it's more than right to do this, but I definitely prefer the way this “third half” was applied in Sunday's match in Florence, spontaneously, without anyone pushing or forcing anybody to do it”

www.juventus.com - 4 December 2007

No comments:

Google
 





FOTO UNIK

Goal.com